[Lpobc] To parents of blind/visually impaired kids ages 3-13

Laura Bostick laura.l.bostick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:58:06 UTC 2015

Dear Parent/Guardian,

I’m working on a research project at Louisiana Tech University to study how
blind/visually impaired children view their own ability in sports.   The
study consists of gathering basic information about the child from the
parent on a short questionnaire and asking each child a series of questions
about sports.  It takes less than 10 minutes to administer.

If your child is between 3 and 13 years old, would you agree to allowing
him or her to participate in this study?  If so, I’ll send you the short
questionnaire to complete, and then we can arrange a time for me or my
co-researcher, Dr. Ali Brian, to  ask your child the sports questions over
the phone.  Please email me at lbostick at latech.edu or
laura.l.bostick at gmail.com to get started.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.  Feel free to call me or
email me at any time.  My contact information is below.

Thanks!

*Laura Bostick, M.A.Ed.*

President, Louisiana Parents of Blind Children (LPOBC)

Coordinator of Curriculum and Student Support

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

318-257-4554

lbostick at latech.edu