[Lpobc] Whittle Books--Pocket-sized Braille Reference Guides

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Wed May 22 21:52:43 UTC 2019

Please see below for a message from Maria Morais. Braille Rocks far more than the tornadic winds that temporarily halted production of this helpful resource. Please share in your networks. Wishing everyone all best!

If you thought the introduction of the UEB code was a stormy one, you should have been at the production sight of our UEB Whittle Book production location late last month! We experienced a Category F3 tornado with winds over 145 miles per hour.  We have been able to temporarily locate and we are back in production!

Please help us spread the word!

Available for sale pocket reference books of the Unified English Braille literary code. This book is 3 by 5 inches and easily fits in a pocket, purse, or backpack. We have an interpoint  braille version for those who read braille tactually. The small size makes it manageable for both adults and little ones. We also have an ink version that consists of print and simulated braille. Perfect for parents, friends, and teachers. These books are great for those just learning the Braille code for the first time, or refreshing their Braille knowledge! These are great for give-a-ways for summer braille programs or just to ensure that you or your kids don't get too rusty over the summer break.

Each copy is $10 with all profits benefiting blind children's literacy programs. To order either version of our Whittle books, please visit www.nbpcb.org<http://www.nbpcb.org>.

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: ericguillory
www.louisianacenter.org<http://www.louisianacenter.org/>

"Together, we are changing what it means to be blind.