[LPOBC] 2020 State Convention and Teacher Conference Information

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Thu Jan 16 19:01:45 UTC 2020

Hi, everyone! Hard to believe though it is, we are already into mid-January of 2020, looking forward to a year of accomplishment and growth. Please spread this email far and wide in your circles as you deem appropriate. Each of the file download links included below will be explained in detail. Not every link will be germane to your circumstance, but we trust you will take a careful look at each as you need. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. Hoping to see many of you in Baton Rouge the weekend of March 13-15!

2020 State Convention Flyer<https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxvsym2qq05nuwt/State%20Convention%20Flyer%202020.doc?dl=0>
This document provides a general overview of all facets of convention, as well as preregistration, lodging, and transportation information.

General Events Outline<https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jjwbwt0c6tcjgy/2020%20NFBL%20Convention%20Agenda%20Outline.docx?dl=0>
The convention agenda will be available in the coming weeks, but for planning purposes, this file gives a snapshot of approximate event timing.

Convention Pre-Registration Form<https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb0n9tmgsonp3q4/pre-registration%20form.doc?dl=0>
This is a hardcopy form, though most of you may find it far more convenient to pre-register at www.nfbla.org<http://www.nfbla.org>.

National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana Information Flyer<https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjdoubpwa6e68le/NFBL%20info%20flyer.docx?dl=0>
Please read to learn more about the work we are doing to change what it means to be blind throughout Louisiana and the nation.

2020 NFB National Convention Flyer<https://www.dropbox.com/s/muo3o2gmcku9gy3/National%20Convention%20Flyer%202020.docx?dl=0>
The NFBL is proud to be an affiliate of the National Federation of the blind. Join thousands of us in Houston, July 14-19, as we work collectively to help blind people live the lives we want!

NFB of Louisiana Scholarship Application<https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrpah9s9ozissd4/NFBL%20Scholarship%20Application%202020.docx?dl=0>
Also available online at www.nfbla.org<http://www.nfbla.org>, this program is open to high school seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who will be attending an accredited institution of higher learning in the fall of 2020. Students are encouraged to apply!

Teacher Conference Save-the-Date Announcement<https://www.dropbox.com/s/hp8j3ltwku2veme/Teacher%20Conference%20Save-the-Date%202020.docx?dl=0>
Sponsored by Louisiana Tech University's Institute on Blindness and the Louisiana Center for the Blind, informative trainings and workshops will take place the afternoon of Friday, March 13, 2020 for those serving students who are blind and visually impaired and their families. The full conference agenda will be available in February.

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: ericguillory
www.louisianacenter.org<http://www.louisianacenter.org/>

"Together, we are changing what it means to be blind