[LPOBC] Two Important National Convention Announcements

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Tue Jun 9 19:45:07 UTC 2020

Hi everyone! Please see below for links to two very important and time-sensitive announcements. The first is about the upcoming registration deadline for the national convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Please remember that said deadline is June 15, so you'll want to confirm your registration before that time in order to attend from anywhere! Don't miss out on all the beneficial content as well as chances to win door prizes and participate in a variety of concurrent and breakout sessions. And, you can't beat the price. It is FREE OF CHARGE! Did I mention that it is free?

National Convention Information and Registration<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>

Secondly, please read below for important details about related meetings and events being hosted by the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC). The small registration fee to participate in these is more than worth the cost! Please spread the word to educators and families.

NOPBC is excited to offer our annual conference virtually this year! Full Registration is $10 and offers the following benefits for parents and families. Includes:

  *   Access to all NOPBC Sessions
  *   NOPBC Membership, July 2020 to June 2021 (Registration fee must be paid by June 30, 2020 to be able to vote during the annual meeting)
  *   Parent Mentor
  *   IEP Resources
  *   Cane Walk & more!

NOPBC Information and Registration Found Here<https://nopbc.org/2020-nopbc-conference-nfb-convention>

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: ericguillory
www.louisianacenter.org<http://www.louisianacenter.org/>

"Together, we are changing what it means to be blind