[LPOBC] Autumn Science Opportunity for LA Students in Grades 3-12

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Tue Sep 29 15:51:25 UTC 2020

Hi all Louisiana Parents and Educators! I hope and trust your school year is off to a tolerable, if uncertain/chaotic start. Please read below for an exciting STEM offering for students in grades 3-12, courtesy of the National Federation of the Blind and General Motors.

Louisiana is one of 15 states fortunate enough to participate in the 2020 edition of STEM2U. While we would love to have conducted this initiative in-person, COVID had other plans, and it will be held virtually. The great thing about this is that there are two opportunities from which to choose-October 17 or November 14.

Who? Louisiana students in grades 3-12
What? A 3-hour STEM experience for which students will receive a box chocked full of hands-on instructional materials
When? October 17 or November 14, 2020 from 1:00-4:00PM Central time
Where? Everywhere! Via Zoom
How? Please visit the link below for additional information and to complete an application.

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/education/nfb-stem2u

Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can answer any questions or assist with this or anything else. Best wishes to each of you!

EG

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: ericguillory
www.louisianacenter.org<http://www.louisianacenter.org/>

"Together, we are changing what it means to be blind