[MABM] Supporting a Member: Chris Nusbaum

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Tue Mar 15 22:48:36 UTC 2022

All,

Many of you know Chris Nusbaum, who is a Board Member of our Carroll County
Chapter and has grown up in the Federation.  Others of you may know his
mother, Wendy Cox Messersmith, who was an active member of the parents
division while Chris was growing up.  Unfortunately, Chris and his family
experienced a fire last week, resulting in the total loss of their home and
vehicle.  They sold their home in Westminster last year and purchased an RV,
in which they lived.  On a winter road trip in Dallas, their truck erupted
in fire, which spread to the RV.  Nothing was salvaged, including Chris'
cane, laptop, and Braille Display.

The family is still figuring out what their needs are, and I'm sure they'd
be happy to receive donations of items once they get situated.  In the
meantime, they are very much in need of financial contributions.

Chris' stepbrother has set up a Go Fund Me campaign to receive donations.
If you are able and willing, please consider donating to this fund.
Information is available at:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/barvv-help-my-family-recover-from-fire

Yours,

Ronza