[MABM] Sad News: Melissa Mehl's Father

rothmanjd at gmail.com rothmanjd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 03:57:25 UTC 2023

Friends,

I'm sorry to share that Melissa Mehl of our Central Maryland chapter lost
her father recently.  Melissa is an active member of the chapter and is the
immediate past first lady.  Below is the obituary.  Please keep Melissa,
Graham, and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

Obituary of Hugh Gordon Turner

Hugh Gordon "Don" Turner, 76, of Ladson, passed away on February 17, 2023.
He is greatly missed by his wife of almost 56 years Lana Norene Turner of
Jackson,

South Carolina and Clayton, Georgia, his son James Darell Turner (Stacy) of
Aiken, South Carolina, his daughter Melissa Mehl (Graham) of Laurel,
Maryland,

his grandchildren Dylan, Miranda, and Grant, his sister Beth O'Rear (Bill)
of Aiken, sister-in-law Sandra Turner, several nieces, great nieces, and
great

nephews. Hugh was predeceased by his father Hugh G. Turner, Sr. (Conway,
South Carolina), his mother Lillian E. Turner (Jackson, South Carolina), and
his

brother David J. Turner (Graniteville, South Carolina).

Hugh adored his family and spent his time gardening, crocheting, and playing
the piano before falling ill. Hugh was born in Florence, South Carolina and

met his wife Lana when they were teenagers and both of their families lived
in Jackson. Throughout his life, Hugh was a hard worker who had a clever
mind

and deep faith in Jesus Christ.

Hugh worked as a shipping clerk in the North Charleston Piggly Wiggly
Carolina Company warehouse, as a circulation manager for the Charleston
newspaper

the Post and Courier, as owner and co-owner of convenience stores near
Ruffin and Walterboro, as a warehouse manager for Revco in North Augusta, as
an

over-the-road semi truck driver and transportation scheduler for Murray
Biscuit Company, and as a soldier in the US Army.

Services will be private

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers