[Mabs] Recording college classes

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 16:35:06 UTC 2012

Hello, Cory.  When I went to college, it was customary to ask the professor
for permission to record.  I don't know if anything in law or custom has
changed that practice.  Recording is a great way to make sure you don't miss
anything, but when you get 14 weeks into a semester and realize that your
test is going to happen in 10 days, you will find that listening to all of
that material takes just as long the second time unless you have some way of
marking relevant information.  If you use one of the book reading devices
that does recording, most contain the ability to place a mark at a point you
consider important.  If you are recording, this mark will have to come after
the remark you want to put into your notes.  If you are playing the
recordings, of course, you can go back and put the mark wherever you wish.

Congratulations on your new adventure.