[Massachusetts-NFB] our open list and Covid

BASIL MAURICE bcmaurice at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 16:15:09 UTC 2022

Hi Shara:

I agree with you.  An open forum like this is not a good place to be discussing a particular person's health status.  I respect anyone who comes forward and voluntarily discloses whether they have covid or not.  One does not have to disclose that fact.  They should not be compelled to do so because of peer pressure.  In most cases, especially employment, for example, it is not legal to disclose this information unless the individual involved consents to it.  If this member chooses to remain annonymous, that is their right and none of us sould be judging them.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts and I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Basil

P. S.  by the way, I wanted to let you know that Carol Ann And I have already booked our train and hotel for the Washington Seminar.  We will be leaving Springfield on Saturday January 28, 2023 and returning on February 2, 2023.

See you in D. C.