[Massachusetts-NFB] Massachusetts 2023 State convention needs you

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:52:17 UTC 2022

"We were saddened to learn recently of the death of one of our most valued
acquaintances.  Someone Else.

"Someone's passing created a vacancy that will indeed be difficult to fill.
Someone Else was with us for many years and for every one of those years did
far more than a normal person's share of work.

"Whenever leadership was needed, this wonderful person was looked to bring
results. "Someone Else can work with that group." we all said.

"Whenever there was a job to do, one name was on every list.

"Someone Else!

"And it was common knowledge that Someone Else was generous toward volunteer
organizations. If there was a financial need, everyone just assumed that
Someone Else would make up the difference.

"Were the truth known, we all expected far too much of Someone Else.

"Now Someone Else is gone! We wonder what we are going to do.

"Someone Else left a model to follow, but we wonder---WHO is going to do all
those things that Someone Else did?"

               ***

Credit: A Tribute to Someone Else by Joe Ruffalo

You can let Someone Else take credit for organizing the agenda of your life,
or you can choose now to be the author of your own destiny. Come join us in
planning  the next MASS convention, and be one who   is already

working hard.

It is already time to plan our next state convention, which is currently
scheduled for March 2-5. 2023 can be our best EVER! It will be hard to beat
last year, but we can do it!! We need you! There are so many ways to help
and each of you have a skill we need  We need people to help plan, post to
social media, contact possible sponsors, get out the word for our  College
scholarships, working the information desk, planning social activities,
collecting door prizes and so much more!

Contact me right away!! We can't do it without you!

Warmly,

Shara Winton

President, National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

617-600-8130

Visit NFB MA Website for more information

Visit the NFB website for more info

Visit us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-of-the-Blind-of-Massachusetts-
1593379944322253>

"You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back."