[Massachusetts-NFB] Summer Shack Lunch after Cambridge Walk--IMPORTANT DETAILS

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:26:29 UTC 2022

Hello Massachusetts NFB Friends!

To kick off Blind Equality Achievement Awareness Month, we are thrilled to
be back in person for our annual David Ticchi NFB Cambridge Walk, sponsored
by the Cambridge Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Massachusetts. This year’s walk will be held on Sunday, October 2nd at the
Fresh Pond Reservoir in Cambridge, MA.    The walk will begin at 9 AM and
run until 1 PM. We are hoping for beautiful fall weather! As usual, we will
have a registration table where people can come to sign up and meet with us,
as well as   learn more about the NFB! We hope you’ll make plans to come,
bring family and friends and that you have asked for donations from all of
your contacts! We’ll be meeting at our table which is near the front door of
the Cambridge Water Department building at 250 Fresh Pond Parkway.

Whether or not you are able    to walk with us but would like to contribute,
please make checks payable to Cambridge NFB and mail to

Evan Tzovaras

Cambridge Savings Bank

1374 Massachusetts Avenue

Cambridge, MA 02138

Donations can also be made online using a credit card or PayPal at

 <https://www.nfbma.org/chapters-and-divisions/cambridge-chapter>
https://www.nfbma.org/chapters-and-divisions/cambridge-chapter

and selecting the link to ‘Donate to the Cambridge Chapter with PayPal’.

But wait: There’s more!!!

At 1 PM, we plan to move a couple of miles away to the Summer Shack for
lunch. The Summer Shack is a fun, casual spot known for its great atmosphere
and delicious food prepared by the world-renowned chef, Jasper White.

We are working to have transportation available from Fresh Pond to the
Summer Shack. However, if you can use your own LYFT or Uber or any other
transportation service, that would be great!

The more the merrier: If we have a group of 30 people or more who register
for this post walk lunch, each participant will only be charged $20.00 for
their meal. The NFB will cover the remaining cost of your lunch as a fall
celebration of coming together in person!

There will be a cash bar available for those who wish to order beverages.
On the day of the event, you will be able to choose a soup or salad, then
you will choose from a vegetarian, seafood, beef or chicken entrée. Finally,
you will get a dessert that is selected by the famous Chef of Summer Shack.

Important Register for Summer Shack Lunch Event: You must register for the
lunch on or prior to Thursday, September 22nd. You can register by email,
text, or phone call. Please include your name, email address, cell phone
number, and the total number of people in your party having lunch. Please
contact Shara Winton to register at:

SharaWinton at gmail.com <mailto:SharaWinton at gmail.com>

or by calling or texting

617-600-8130

Payment: As long as we have 30 Summer Shack lunch participants the lunch
will go on as scheduled. We will send you details on how to pay via PayPal
or credit card. You will need to submit your payment electronically by
Wednesday, September 28th in order to confirm your lunch reservation. If
paying in this way is not an option, let us know and will work out something
with you.

We look forward to seeing you all on October 2nd. Meanwhile, live the life
you want!

If you have any questions not answered in this invitation letter, please
contact Shara Winton.

With Love, hope and determination,

Jen, Allen, Shirley, Mika, Shara, Inky and Justin

The Special Events Planning Committee