[Massachusetts-NFB] At-Large Chapter September Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:06:01 UTC 2022

Good Morning,

Pasted below please find the minutes from the NFBMA At-Large
Chapter's monthly meeting held this past Sunday.

Best,
Liz

******************

The NFBMA At-Large Chapter held our September meeting on Sunday, Sept.
11th. The meeting began at 7:05PM. Those in attendance included:

Debbie Malone

Shara Winton

Liz Lesperance

Youme Nguyen Ly

Sandra Burgess

Cullen Gallagher

Allen Larkin

Brian Langlois

Audra D

George Kamara

Liz led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Cullen recited the NFB Pledge.

The August meeting minutes were approved.

Debbie summarized the September presidential release We had a discussion
surrounding accessible voting and shared our experiences at the polls.

Shara is seeking individuals who are interested in joining the affiliate’s
legislative committee.

We conducted chapter elections. The elected slate is as follows:

Debbie Malone - President

Allen Larkin - Vice President

Liz Lesperance - Secretary

Sandra Burgess - Treasurer

Brian Langlois - Board Member @1

We then discussed how October is Blind Equality Achievement Month (BEAM).
In celebration, the Cambridge Chapter is hosting their annual David Ticchi
walk on Sunday, Oct. 2nd at the Fresh Pond Reservoir in Cambridge beginning
at 9AM and running through 1:00PM. At 1:00PM, the group will head to the
Summer Shack in Cambridge for lunch. There will be a charge for lunch which
will be subsidized by the Cambridge Chapter. Please note, if you are
planning to attend the lunch you must register for the event by Thursday,
Sept. 22nd. You can register by contacting Shara at SharaWinton at gmail.com
or by calling or texting 617-600-8130. Please consider donating to this
event even if you cannot attend. Donations should be made payable to the
Cambridge Chapter and mailed to

Evan Tzovaras

Cambridge Savings Bank

1374 Massachusetts Avenue

Cambridge, MA 02138

Donations can also be made online using a credit card or PayPal at
https://www.nfbma.org/chapters-and-divisions/cambridge-chapter and
selecting the link to ‘Donate to the Cambridge Chapter with PayPal.

Debbie reminded us that White Cane Awareness Day is Saturday, Oct. 15th and
suggested contacting local city and state offices to request a proclamation
in support of this important day to our organization and movement.

Debbie is looking for ideas on how to meet up in person as this chapter is
geographically dispersed. Shara suggested having small group members meet
up locally.

We are hoping to launch another popcorn fundraiser in the next few months.
Shara suggested launching the fundraiser shortly before the upcoming
holidays as gourmet popcorn would make a nice holiday gift.

Shara also reminded us of our ongoing t-shirt slogan contest and encouraged
all members to submit their ideas.

The meeting adjourned at 8:18PM.