[Massachusetts-NFB] MAPBC December Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 18:41:59 UTC 2023

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays. I have
attached and pasted below the meeting minutes from the MAPBC's most recent
meeting which was held last Thursday, Dec. 14th. Our next meeting will be
Thursday, Jan. 11th and all are welcome to attend.

All the Best,
Liz

********************

The MAPBC met on Thursday, Dec. 14th. The meeting began at 6:03PM. Those in
attendance included:

Stephanie Valdes

Hai Nguyen Ly

Youme Nguyen Ly

Liz Lesperance

We each described a special holiday tradition that we do with our families.

Liz recited the NFB pledge.

Youme summarized the presidential release which was delivered on November
30th from Members Hall in Baltimore.

Liz put forth a motion to approve the November minutes which Youme
seconded. The minutes were approved unanimously.

We discussed the parents' rights bill. Hai confirmed he did receive a
response back from his local representative. Youme was able to listen in on
some of the hearing. Stephanie will reach out to Justin for any updates

Stephanie reminded us that Washington Seminar is approaching. The Great
Gathering In will be on January 29th. It doesn't appear that anyone from
the parent’s division will be attending.

The MA state convention is approaching. We discussed putting together a
basket for the online auction from the MAPBC. The theme will be "family
fun!". Hai will reach out to 64ounce games for a donation. Hai will ship
the basket to the winner.

Stephanie brought up the idea of an Easter fundraiser with vendor tables,
live music and an accessible Easter egg hunt. Liz will upload Stephanie's
fundraiser outline to the shared Google drive for further brainstorming.

Stephanie would like us to focus on outreach in 2024. To increase
membership, Stephanie suggested that MAPBC members could attend local
disability events and have a table with literature about the MAPBC. We
could bring a laptop to sign up interested individuals for the free white
cane program and free slate and stylus program.

Our next meeting will be Thursday, Jan 11th.

The meeting concluded at 7:00PM.