[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for rideshare survey

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:29:01 UTC 2023

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2023 3:48 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for rideshare survey

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Dear NFB members,

My name is Dr. Sylvia Brady, and I am a part of a research team at Metropolitan State University of Denver that includes a member of the NFB and one of our alumni, Charis Glatthar, to gather data about the transportation experiences of the Blind and Low Vision community.

Do you use public transportation, taxis, or rideshare (such as Uber or Lyft)? Share your thoughts and experiences by taking a brief survey. This survey is part of a study investigating the various modes of transportation used by blind and low vision individuals. One of the main goals of the study is to better understand the travel experiences of blind and low vision individuals especially when using rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft. We invite you to take part in this survey even if you have not used rideshare services before. The more data we collect, the better! This survey is open to all BLV individuals whether you use a cane or a dog, and whether you use rideshare or not! The survey will be open until January 31st. Thanks for your time.

 Online survey is available here: tinyurl.com/blvtransport <http://tinyurl.com/blvtransport>

Questions? Contact Principal Investigator, Sylvia Brady PhD, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Sbrady16 at msudenver.edu <mailto:Sbrady16 at msudenver.edu>

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

410-659-9314, extension 2221 |  <mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>