[Massachusetts-NFB] Seeking a volunteer to be liaison with Cambridge Police Department

Helen Kobek helenkobek1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:53:55 UTC 2023

If you feel led to be the liaison between the folks who want a Cambridge police cadet escort between the Red Line MBTA Central Square stations and the Cambridge Senior Center for monthly Cambridge Chapter meetings, let me know and I’ll put you in touch with the right person. (A lovely admin who is easy to connect with.) The escorts have been used by some members each time a meeting of the Cambridge Chapter has taken place, and we have heard that the escort system is appreciated by some NFB members.
The escort information will not be included in Listserv announcements about the Chapter meetings because it’s been decided that the assistance is not in keeping with NFB  philosophy, so the new liaison would post the information each month to let meeting attendees know it’s available.
Any changes to the escort plan would be worked out between the liaison and the police contact. If you’re interested in serving in this capacity, do reach me at helenkobek1 at gmail.com and we can talk. If no one steps up, the police will be sorting out for themselves how to proceed and will inform me before the next meeting, and I will simply post that one-time update to this Listserv.
Kindest regards,
Helen Kobek