[Massachusetts-NFB] advocacy information from BSCB-Announce list

Sandra Burgess SandraBurgess at msn.com
Mon Feb 27 23:18:02 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon All, It has come to our attention that the bill enabling remote participation in municipal meetings is going

to expire on March 31.  I think we can all agree that as horrible as the Pandemic has been, it has been the great equalizer, specifically  when it comes to accessing public meetings.  So many of us have had the opportunity to attend meetings that we would never have been able to go to  in person, such as MCB's Statutory Advisory Board meetings, Rehabilitation Advisory Council meetings, local city council, school committee meetings and so many more.  The ability to attend virtually not only has benefited the disability community, it has connected all citizens of the Commonwealth to the important governmental issues that impact our   lives.

Please take the time to contact your representatives and let them know how important that this access is to you.  Here is the information you will need when you contact both your State Senators and State Representatives.

  Remote access must remain !

SD.1247 / HD.911 - An Act relative to remote access for public bodies and town meetings (Senator Anne Gobi / Rep. Bill Driscoll.

Thank you for your attention to this critically important matter, The Advocacy Committee