[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Congenitally and totally blind adults needed for research study during the 2023 NFB national convention

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 08:38:29 UTC 2023

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2023 3:20 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Congenitally and totally blind adults needed for research study during the 2023 NFB national convention

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab from Johns Hopkins University invites participants for research studies at the 2023 NFB convention in Houston Texas. The research studies examine Braille reading and language comprehension.

Participants are asked to read Braille letters and words, listen to sentences and answer questions. The studies last 1 to 2 hours each. Participants will be compensated $30 per hour for their time.

To qualify for the studies, participants must be congenitally and totally blind and between the ages of 18-70, with no cognitive or neurological disabilities. Prior to scheduling a study appointment, potential participants are invited to complete a pre-screening interview over the phone to check if they qualify. The screening interview takes between 15 to 30 minutes. Those who take part in the interview will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate.

To find out if you qualify and to sign up for a prescreening appointment, please contact us by either calling (410) 870 9895 or emailing braillebrain at jh.edu <mailto:braillebrain at jh.edu> .

Thank you for reading our announcement and we look forward to seeing you at the NFB convention.

Marina Bedny, Ph.D.

Director of Neuroplasticity & Development Lab

Associate Professor

Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences

Johns Hopkins University

http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

410-659-9314, extension 2221 |  <mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>