[Massachusetts-NFB] IMPORTANT!!!! Convention Caucus, free lunch and resolutions

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:07:00 UTC 2023

Thank you

From: Massachusetts-NFB <massachusetts-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Theadora Hadzisavidis via Massachusetts-NFB
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2023 8:54 AM
To: NFB of Massachusetts E-mail List <massachusetts-nfb at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Theadora Hadzisavidis <thadzisa at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Massachusetts-NFB] IMPORTANT!!!! Convention Caucus, free lunch and resolutions

Hi Shara, Karen Dupuis, Basil and Carol Ann Maurice are coming to this lunch.

Thank you.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023, 7:01 PM Shara Winton via Massachusetts-NFB <massachusetts-nfb at nfbnet.org <mailto:massachusetts-nfb at nfbnet.org> > wrote:

Good Evening NFB Of Massachusetts members,

I hope all of you are as excited as I am about our upcoming National Convention in Houston! One of the most important things about our National Convention is that, this is the time to let our voices be heard. We have a resolutions committee that reviews and votes on the items that will be presented during our General sessions. At the General Sessions, I will be asked to vote as a whole, how the Massachusetts affiliate wants to vote, on said resolutions. So what you think and how you would like to be represented is very important.

If you will be attending in  person, this is easy. Just attend the resolution Committee meeting at 1:00 Central time in Houston and then on Monday, join us for lunch and tell me what you think. Of course, we will go with the majority on each issue.

However, if you are attending the convention virtually, this becomes a bit more tricky. I have pasted the Zoom information below, so that you may attend the Resolutions committee meeting. But you will not be able to join us for lunch. Therefore, on Monday, July 3 at 3PM Eastern time, I will hold a short zoom meeting just for you. You can tell me how you feel about the resolutions that will be presented during general sessions. It will be important for you to have attended the resolutions committee meeting on Sunday to fully understand the resolution. I will not have a lot of time, as I am representing you in Houston. So,  being punctilious and brief is of upmost importance The virtual MA Caucus zoom information is as follows: Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/98665646481

Meeting ID: 986 6564 6481

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,98665646481# US (Washington DC)

+13126266799,,98665646481# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

.

You may also join the Resolutions 101 meeting  tonight. That information is listed below, as well.

For the National sessions on Zoom, there are multiple options for access.

Web

Zoom via web:  <https://zoom.us/j/96287762142> https://zoom.us/j/96287762142

Phone

Zoom One Tap Mobile: US: +13017158592,,96287762142#  or +13126266799,,96287762142#
Zoom via phone by location:
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Zoom Meeting ID:  962 8776 2142

1CapApp

Closed captions will be provided on the Zoom platform, and you may also access the closed captions/transcript through 1CapApp at  <https://ecs.1capapp.com/event/nfb> https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb.

Stream

All general sessions, board of directors meeting, resolutions committee meeting, and the banquet will be streamed on YouTube and on Amazon devices by asking your devices to play “Nation’s Blind”.

*	Resolutions 101: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 8:00 p.m. (9PM Eastern)    <https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/96361815274> Zoom meeting ID 963 6181 5274

July 2, 2023

1:00 p.m.  (this would be 2:00P.M. Eastern time) Resolutions Committee Meeting

Lanier Grand Ballroom A - I
Zoom meeting ID: 916 8496 8543
1CapApp Event: NFB
Donald Porterfield, Chair

Monday, July 3            12:00 - 01:00 PM        Massachusetts  Caucus   Meeting Room 328

We will provide  lunch for those who have RSVP’d with me by Monday June 26. If you tell me you will be there and you are not, we will expect for you to pay for your lunch. So be sure to be there and let your voice be heard.

At Your Service,

Shara Winton

President, National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

617-304-0347