[Massachusetts-NFB] [Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for paid research study of your experience using teleconferencing applications

Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Wed Mar 8 16:41:42 UTC 2023

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Understanding the experience of blind and low-vision people with teleconferencing applications.

Hello,

My name is Taslima Akter, and I am a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Irvine. I am seeking participants for a research study about understanding the accessibility challenges of blind and low-vision individuals when using teleconferencing applications like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, WebEx, and others.

We invite you to participate in this study by taking part in an approximate 60 minutes interview (no longer than 90 minutes). The interview will take place over teleconferencing or in person at a place convenient to you. During the interview, the researchers will ask questions regarding your experience and expectations of video conferencing technologies.

If you identify as blind or low-vision, are 18 years of age or older, are an English speaker, currently reside within the U.S., are a screen reader user, and have experience with hosting or facilitating meetings using teleconferencing applications, you are eligible for participation in this study.

You will receive a $40 Amazon gift card for participating in the interview. If you are eligible and interested to participate, please complete the following pre-screening survey. One researcher will reach out to you if you are eligible.

Survey link: https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_823Ay5gCKUQ8WQS

If you have any additional questions, please email me attaslima at uci.edu <mailto:taslima at uci.edu> or text me at (812) 552-0447.

Thank you
Taslima Akter
Postdoctoral researcher
University of California Irvine

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
410-659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org <mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>