[Massachusetts-NFB] Congratulations!!!

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 14:38:49 UTC 2023

Good Morning!!

I hope everyone is still feeling energized and inspired from our Convention!
Thank you all for coming, we couldn't have done it without you!

A very big shout out to everyone who helped! As we all worked together, it
made our state convention, more inclusive and welcoming than ever! So many
helped in such big ways.

Our Convention committee was absolutely fabulous!! The members of the
committee are Amalia, Allen, Cullen,  Debbie, Inky, Jen, Kyra, Margaret,
Shirley,  Stephanie and Theodora.  John helped with the auction, Youme
helped so much in so many ways including the swag  bags and elections,
Heather helped Margaret with the door prizes, Elizabeth Ann and Kristine
helped with selling the T-shirts, Justin and Blain helped at the welcome
table during the exhibit hall. Mika and Jeff helped with taking funds for
T-shirt sales, registration and auction. Mark and Kevin helped with sound
and Zoom. Andrew was our D.J. on  Friday night. Angey sang for us so
beautifully.  Juan gave a wonderful invocation, in both Spanish and English.
We had so many amazing speakers! Donald and Amy Porterfield were so
inspirational and helpful! Jessica, Ever Lee and Michelle represented our
three blind centers in an excellent manner! Liza Sovie was a majorly helpful
and dedicated volunteer for more than 12 hours on Saturday!

Our nominating committee and our scholarship committees were top notch!

Please, please forgive me if I  left some one out, because everyone was
absolutely incredible! We elected some new members to our State board. Our
new board looks like this:

President, Shara Winton

1st Vice President, Mika Pyyhkala

2nd Vice President, Debbie Malone

Secretary, Cullen Gallagher

Treasurer, Kobena Bonney

New Board members include:

Liz Lesperance and  Kyra Sweeney. Mark Paquette was re-elected.

The  other three board members that were not up for re-election this year
include: Masha Sten-Clanton, Sandra Burgess and Shirley Dorris.

Our Student Division also held elections. Here is the outcome of that
election:

President, Justin Heard

Vice President, Andrew Johnson

Treasurer, Christopher Suplice

Secretary,  Maddie Babcock

Board Member 1, Chantale Zuzi

We also had five outstanding Scholarship winners:

Evan Hershowitz, Chantale Zuzi, Tom Geraci, Maddie Babcock and Justin Heard!

I am thrilled and so humbled to be part of this  organization!! Please
contact me if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any
questions. It won't be long until we will need to start planning next years
convention. So just let me know where you'd like to serve! With  love, hope
and determination, we will continue to get better and better!!

At Your Service,

Shara Winton

President, National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

617-600-8130

Visit NFB MA Website for more information

Visit the NFB website for more info

Visit us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-of-the-Blind-of-Massachusetts-
1593379944322253>

"You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back."