[Massachusetts-NFB] paratransit info for Houston, Texas from Norma Crosby

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:25:24 UTC 2023

The following message is from Norma Crosby, the  President of Texas.

Good morning everyone,

I have received several requests for information regarding what members who
utilized paratransit need to do if they wish to make an attempt at using the
service in Houston. I make no guarantees about how well the service will
treat them in terms of on-time performance. However, here is the information
people need if they wish to use paratransit while in Houston. as a point of
information, we do plan to provide information at the convention about bus
and train routes that people can use if they wish to leave the hotel and
venture out into the city. Bus travel is always my preferred method of
getting around, but I know that many people do you realize paratransit. Here
is the information.

If you have an active paratransitaccount with your local service, they will
need to fax your eligibility information to Metro and provide the requested
dates of service.  The fax number is 713-652-8924.  To check on the status,
you would need to call customer service at 713-225-0119 between the hours of
10am to 5pm Central To me weekdays.

Have a great Monday.

Norma Crosby, President

National Federation of the Blind of Texas