[Massachusetts-NFB] Fwd: Cambridge Chapter Meets Monday At 6 PM

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:45:06 UTC 2023

Thank you Shirley

afternoon everyone.

Before we get to the agenda, I have a few announcements.

This month, we will be having our first braille monitor article discussion since I became a chapter member in 2021. This article is super short. I hope you will read it and come prepared to share your thoughts and feelings. The link is in the agenda.

Second, I can tell that the google sign up sheet for snacks is not useful or usable for most of us. Therefore, if you would like to bring a snack, please reply to the email list so that we know what everyone is bringing.

Third, please forgive me for the late email. Between starting a new semester and preparing for our student event this Saturday at 1 PM at the Carol Center, our wonderful chapter slipped my mind. This is not an excuse, but an explanation. I will try to send out the email about bringing snacks and a link to the braille monitor article on the first Monday of every month. Feel free to remind me if I forget.

The agenda and zoom link is attached and below. I look forward to seeing many of you in person!

Agenda

1. Introductions
2. Pledge
3. Moment of silence
4. minutes
5. Treasurer's Report
6. Presidential release
7. David Ticchi walk on October 8th
8. Braille Monitor article discussion. Link below.
https://nfb.org//images/nfb/publications/bm/bm23/bm2307/bm230704.htm <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm23/bm2307/bm230704.htm>
9. Form comunity outreach committee.
10. Discuss Christmas Party.
11. Announce date of next meeting
12.  Adjourn

citywide Senior center.  806 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Ma 02139
Our meetings are held on the second floor.
When you enter the building you will enter from the sidewalk to automatically opening doors, you will walk through them to a second set of sliding doors. Proceed to walk forward about 20 feet and take a small right. Here is where you will find the stairs leading to the second floor. When you reach the second floor, you will need to make a left and through the door that leads to the open floor. You will then walk forward about 30 feet to find the door to the arts and crafts room.
If you need the elevator, after coming through the two sets of doors at the entrance, you will go forward about 25  feet  then walk forward  another  few steps until you reach the main hallway, Take a right in to the hallway.  Go about half way down the hall way or about 50-60 feet and there will be a recessed area in which you will find the elevator on your right. There is only 4 floors. You will need to press the 2 for the second floor. When you arrive at the second floor, you will walk a few steps, out to the main hallway.  Here you will take a left. Walk approximately 10 feet and then take a right in to the arts and crafts room.
We are not allowed to enter this space before 5:30 and must have left by 7:45P.M. Please be sure to pick up all of your belongings, including any trash.  Also, they ask that we do not wander in other parts of the building. Keep this space better than you found it, so that we may continue to be welcomed  here.  The bathrooms are directly across from the Arts and Crafts room.
Now for the walking directions from the T.
Please note: these directions were specific before the pandemic. We cannot be   positive  that there  have not been any changes  of the businesses or signals. But, this is the best and most specific I can be at this time. If you are  aware of any changes in relation to these directions, please let us know.
WALKING DIRECTIONS TO CITYWIDE FROM CENTRAL SQUARE T STOPS
>From the Inbound train (toward Boston):
Exit T station; turn so that Mass. Ave. is on your right
Proceed to the corner of Mass. Ave and Western/Prospect
Audible signal for crossing Western/Prospect sounds like  "Clunk clunk clunk"
Cross to opposite corner  (You may need to wait at the median for second traffic flow on Mass. Ave)
After crossing, H&R Block will be on your  left.
Walk long block to Pleasant Street. No signal, just a crosswalk, but there is a bumpy yellow patch to indicate upcoming street
After crossing, large post office will be on your left
Citywide Senior Center is the next building after the post office.
It has glass doors that open directly to the sidewalk (Not a recessed entrance)
The address is 806 Massachusetts Avenue.
>From the OUTBOUND train (coming from Boston):
Exit T station.
Mass. Ave will be on your left; Starbucks will be on your right.
Here you may either:
1. Take a few steps forward and turn left, facing Mass. Ave.
Cross Mass. Ave
Audible signal for crossing Mass. Ave sounds like "Boop boop boop".
After crossing, turn right and proceed to corner. Mass. Ave should now be on your right and you should be facing Western/Prospect. Audible signal for crossing Western/Prospect sounds like  "Clunk clunk clunk"
Cross to opposite corner  (You may need to wait at the median for second traffic flow on Mass. Ave)
After crossing, H&R Block will be on your  left.
Walk long block to Pleasant Street. No signal, just a crosswalk, but there is a bumpy yellow patch to indicate upcoming street
After crossing, large post office will be on your left
Citywide Senior Center is the next building after the post office.
It has glass doors that open directly to the sidewalk (Not a recessed entrance)
The address is 806 Massachusetts Avenue.
Hopefully, you will not have any problems with any of this. However, Cambridge is a very active and busy place. There  is always lots of people  around, who will probably give you some words of advice, if you ask.

Topic: NFBMA Cambridge Chapter Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/95901703256?pwd=Mk8rOXdrbExkVGdsZUd4SVhCRnlqZz09

Meeting ID: 959 0170 3256
Passcode: 632
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95901703256# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,95901703256# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)