[Massachusetts-NFB] MAPBC September Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:20:29 UTC 2023

Good Evening Everyone,

Attached and pasted below you will find the minutes from our most recent
Parents' Division meeting held last Thursday, Oct. 12th. Have a wonderful
night!

Best Regards,
Liz

********************************

The MAPBC held their monthly meeting on Thursday, Sept. 14th. The meeting
began at 6:02PM

Those in attendance included:

Youme Nguyen Ly

Hai Nguyen Ly

Stephanie Valdes

Liz Lesperance

We had enough members present to form a quorum.

Youme recited the NFB pledge

Liz went over the presidential release highlights

Our current treasury balance is $125.25

Youme put forth a motion to approve the July meeting minutes which Liz
seconded. The minutes were approved unanimously

Stephanie provided a status on the Parents' Rights bill. Stephanie spoke
with Justin Salisbury following our July meeting with Katherine Nemens of
the Family Law Project. The best course of action appears to be for NFB
members who support this bill to compose written testimony. We can hear
each written testimony aloud and decide which is most powerful. That
testimony can then be presented in person at the next hearing. At this
time, we do not know when the next hearing will be. There is a tendency for
the hearings to be scheduled last minute.

Stephanie suggested we could create a YouTube page to spread awareness of
the bill. She will review idea further with Shara. Also, Stephanie has a
connection to a person involved in news media who could spread further
awareness of the bill.

We discussed potential fundraising options including Giving Tuesday, the
Giving Bean coffee fundraiser, the GiveButter fundraiser, and holding a
50/50 raffle at the Pub 99.

We discussed the need for childcare at the March state convention. At this
time, there is no confirmed need but we will inquire further as the
convention draws near.

The meeting adjourned at 6:47PM.

Our next meeting will be Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00PM.