[Massachusetts-NFB] April At-Large Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:14:01 UTC 2024

Good Afternoon,

Attached and pasted below please find the minutes from our most recent
chapter meeting.

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Liz

**********

The at-large chapter held their most recent monthly meeting on Tuesday,
April 9th. The meeting began at 7:09PM. Those in attendance included:

Allen Larkin

Brian Langlois

Cullen Gallagher

Debbie Malone

Gannon Olson

Jeff Wilson

Kobena Bonney

Kristina Constant

Liz Lesperance

Mike Karsok

Rachel Kobierecki

Sage Collier

Sandy Burgess

Sengil Inkiala

Shannon Cantan

Shara Winton

Shirley Doris

We did an icebreaker where we shared if we are currently working and how
many cups of coffee we drink per day.

Liz recited the NFB pledge.

Cullen put forth a motion to accept the March meeting minutes which Allen
seconded. The minutes were approved unanimously.

Sandy went over the treasurer's report. At our March meeting our account
balance was $644.48. Since then, we withdrew $100 for door prizes at the
state convention, and we received $70 in dues. Our current balance is
$614.48. Allen put forth a motion to approve the treasurer's report which
Gannon seconded. The treasurer's report was approved unanimously.

Kristina Constant, Shannon Cantan, Shirley Doris, Jeff Wilson, and Sage
Collier would like to become official members of the at-large chapter and
will pay the dues of $5 as they have already paid the $10 dues in other
chapters. Ganon put forth a motion to approve the new members which Allen
seconded. The motion was approved unanimously.

We held elections this evening. Shara went over the open officer positions
of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and board member.

Our post-election slate of officers is as follows:

President: Debbie Malone

Vice President: Liz Lesperance

Secretary: Gannon Olson

Treasurer: Sandy Burgess

Board Member: Allen Larkin

Liz summarized the April presidential release. Debbie brought up the idea
of doing something to honor the passing of President Riccobono's father.
Kristina agreed. Shannon suggested we spearhead the effort and reach out to
the other chapters. Shannon shared that President Riccobono's father was a
veteran and therefore it might be nice to make a contribution to the NFB
Veteran's Division. Shannon put forth a motion to donate $100 to the
Veteran's Division which Brian seconded. The motion was approved
unanimously.

Debbie reminded us of the BELL Academy being held this summer and that we
should start thinking about organizations or groups that might have blind
students who could benefit from this program.

Registration is now open for the national convention in Orlando. Please
email Shara if you are going to the national convention and if you are able
to take a shift at the exhibit hall table.

Gannon will assist with legislative efforts as a legislative representative
from this chapter

Cullen will do the icebreaker for the next meeting

Shara will do 10-minute cooking tips

Sage will do the NFB pledge

Sandy will do the presidential release summary

Shara reminded us the national office is seeking individuals and companies
that can make large contributions ($10,000 or greater) towards the Museum
of the Blind Peoples' Movement.

The meeting adjourned at 8:52PM. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, May 14th