[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: Update Regarding NFB-NEWSLINE Outage

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:03:09 UTC 2024

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35086&qid=10084411>

This is an important update regarding NFB-NEWSLINE. Late last week, the
NFB-NEWSLINE service experienced a disruption on one of our servers
responsible for managing online services and receiving publication files
from publishers.

This resulted in an outage affecting the iOS app, NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, Web
News on Demand, the Amazon Alexa skill, downloads to portable players such
as the Victor Reader, and delivery of emails to subscribers.

While most of the service is restored, we are actively working to restore
service as soon as possible to the Amazon Alexa skill.

Additionally, there are a number of newspapers that still need to be brought
up to date on the system. To update these publications, it will be necessary
for us to work closely with the individual publishers of the content. We
anticipate that we will have all these publications updated over the next
week.

If you are having any problems with accessing NFB-NEWSLINE, please call our
customer service line at 866-504-7300 or send an email to
nfbnewsline at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35087&qid=10084411> . You can obtain
the most up-to-date status of our system recovery by calling 410-609-7081.

We apologize for any inconvenience this disruption has caused. Thank you for
your patience.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35088&qid=10084411>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35089&qid=10084411>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35090&qid=10084411>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35091&qid=10084411>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35092&qid=10084411>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35093&qid=10084411>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

h=5a92429bfe6a811a> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=23532&qid=10084411&h=5a9
2429bfe6a811a> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35094&qid=10084411> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230