[Massachusetts-NFB] Welcome Deputy Commissioner Justine Muir!

Massachusetts Commission for the Blind mcbinfo at massachusettscommissionfortheblind.ccsend.com
Tue Jul 16 18:24:30 UTC 2024

Commissioner Oliveira is excited to welcome Justine Muir as the new Deputy Commissioner of the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind.   Justine joins us with more than 15 years of experience in the field of special education and vision rehabilitation. She most recently served as the Director of Pupil Services for the Ashburnham Westminster Regional School District. She held the same position for Littleton Public Schools and spent nearly a decade in Malden Public Schools. Her first job after college was as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired at the Carroll Center for the Blind. She also co-founded ViStars, a non-profit organization that provides after-school empowerment programs for students who are blind or have a visual impairment.   Justine earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Assumption University, a master’s degree in special education from UMass Boston, and a post-master’s academic certificate in educational leadership and administration from Fitchburg State University.   Justine brings a wealth of experience and a deep commitment to our mission and will be a tremendous asset to our team and the community we serve.   Please join us in welcoming her to MCB! Massachusetts Commission for the Blind 600 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111 1-800-392-6450             Massachusetts Commission for the Blind | 600 Washington Street | Boston, MA 02111 US Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice