[Massachusetts-NFB] IMPORTANT Details about our student division, T-shirts and National Convention and more...

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 16:11:36 UTC 2024

Good Morning Massachusetts Federationists,

Below you will find some very important details, Please keep this email to
refer  back to, if necessary.

Our Amazing t-shirts can now be purchased on line, by using this link:
https://nfbma.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1
<https://nfbma.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=2> &id=2

Please share this with all of your friends, family and social media
connections.

Our Massachusetts Association for Blind Students is having a Popcorn
fundraiser. Please support our Student division by purchasing popcorn and
sharing their  fundraiser. The Double good fundraiser begins   Friday June
14  at 1 PM until Tuesday the 18th at 1 PM!   There is no procrastinating.
You can only purchase the popcorn on those four days. Look  out for more
information from our students with the links to make the purchase.

We have a new Zoom link for most of our NFB of Massachusetts meetings,
including the at-large chapter meeting, board meetings, Chapter president
meetings and more. Please check your email for that information and save the
new Zoom link and remove the old ones. You will also find  the new Zoom
credentials at the bottom of this message.  The Cambridge Chapter meetings
and the Parents division meeting use a  different Zoom, so they will not be
changing.

For Clarification, if you are attending the National Convention this summer
in Orlando, we are setting up a table in the exhibit hall. The NFB of
Massachusetts exhibit table is not the same as the Independence market. The
independence market is selling many items that are helpful and fun for blind
people, but this is not our Massachusetts table. Both are in the exhibit
hall and will be basically during the same time. You will need to work at
least one shift at the Massachusetts table. Working at the Independence
market is a different volunteer position;   working for the National
Federation of the Blind at the National level. Many of you volunteered to
work at the independence market and have gotten correspondence from the
National office.  You will need to work out any details about working at the
independence market with the National office  coordinator, Genevieve White.

Shirley Dorris, is  the NFB of Massachusetts exhibit table coordinator. You
are required to work one shift at this table. The Exhibit Hall will be held
in the Orange County Convention Center <https://www.occc.net/Exhibitor>
West Hall A1, which is just over the sky bridge from the Rosen Centre hotel.
Exhibit hours:

*	Thursday, July 4: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
*	Friday, July 5: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Saturday, July 6: noon-1:45 p.m. AND 5:00-9:00 p.m.

You will need to look at the agenda and let Shirley, know  when you will be
available to work at our table. She will do her best to accommodate you,
however you might not get your first choice, so please give her more than
one option. Shirley can be reached at 615-598-5020 or at
Ladyshirl519 at gmail.com <mailto:Ladyshirl519 at gmail.com> .

The National Convention 2024 Agenda is now available: You can access the Web
(HTML) version of the agenda at

https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2024-national-convention-ag
enda.

You can download a Microsoft Word version of the agenda at

https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2024-05/convention-agenda-2024.docx.

A Spanish version of the agenda can be found at

https://nfb.org/es/get-involved/national-convention/national-convention-span
ish.

At the National Convention, you are strongly urged to  attend  all general
sessions and our Massachusetts Caucus. The caucus details will be given to
you at a later time. If you are not sure as to whether not I have your cell
phone number. Please send it to me ASAP. It will be important for us to be
able to communicate with each other at convention. My cell phone number is
617-304-0347.

The last very important detail about National convention is that,  please
pick up your registration packet   as soon as you can. Find details on the
agenda about when and where to do this. As soon as you can, bring your
banquet ticket   to Shirley, the earlier she collects everyone's banquet
tickets the earlier we can exchange them and the greater our chances will be
to sit together at the Banquet and to get a better table there. Thank you
for your cooperation.

Thank all of you for what you do and who you are! We are happy that you are
part of our NFB family!

Our new Zoom credentials for most NFB of Massachusetts  meetings is as
follows:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/95988295663?pwd=DbPBuyBa91Sa7f3IVOcA5G916u5qtY.1

Meeting ID: 959 8829 5663
Passcode: 2024

---

One tap mobile
+16469313860,,95988295663#,,,,*2024# US
+13017158592,,95988295663#,,,,*2024# US (Washington DC)

---

Dial by your location
. +1 646 931 3860 US
. +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
. +1 305 224 1968 US
. +1 309 205 3325 US
. +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
. +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
. +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
. +1 507 473 4847 US
. +1 564 217 2000 US
. +1 669 444 9171 US
. +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
. +1 689 278 1000 US
. +1 719 359 4580 US
. +1 253 205 0468 US
. +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
. +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
. +1 360 209 5623 US
. +1 386 347 5053 US

Meeting ID: 959 8829 5663
Passcode: 2024

Shara Winton

President, National federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

 <http://www.nfbma.org/> www.nfbma.org

 <mailto:sharawinton at gmail.com> sharawinton at gmail.com

617-304-0347