[Massachusetts-NFB] Request with future Cambridge chapter meetings

ladyshirl519 at gmail.com ladyshirl519 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:55:45 UTC 2024

Good evening, Cambridge, chapter family, and friends!
I first would like to thank all of you who attended the Cambridge chapter meeting earlier this evening on zoom! It was a great meeting, and as I have said before, I truly am honored and grateful to be the chapter president!

I have a few requests please for future chapter meetings!
Please remember the proper protocol when requesting the floor to speak… Please say your name and wait patiently to be called on! I assure you, I hear your voice and will allow you the floor!

If you feel you need to leave a meeting early and have something you want to talk about… Please call, text or email me prior to the meeting so I know to allow time for you!

I feel it is rude and disrespectful when someone has the floor whether it is a member or myself for people to start leaving the meeting as they are speaking. Please be respectful and leave the meeting if you have to leave early, before the next item on the agenda or at least after someone is finished speaking!

Lastly, please, if you are on zoom and are not speaking, mute yourself! It only takes a moment to unmute when you want to talk! The speakers on our phones and computers are very sensitive and pick up everything!

Thank you all so very much for your continued support and participation!
Together, we make a wonderful team!

Enjoy the rest of this week!

Respectfully,
Shirley Dorris