[Massachusetts-NFB] Tonight! FW: [NFB-Seniors-Discussion] NFBN October Senior Division Meeting - Special guest - teaching us how to access NFB/Senior Division meeting minutes and more via Newsline and a smart speaker

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:26:32 UTC 2024

Hi You All

RE- Our October meeting date is Monday the 21st - (We are not meeting on our
usual second Monday, but the third!)

Contents of this message:

*1: Topic of our meeting

*2: When and how to get on our call

*3: Agenda

*4: The NFB Pledge

*5: Last month's reports

*1: Topic

A demonstration of using Newsline with a smart speaker, like the Amazon
series of Alexas to access and read our Division's important news and
reports, such as the Secretary's Report. We are super happy to announce, Our
presenter is Jamie Richy, our NFBN affiliate president.

*2: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, October 21st

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/9743%201318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/9743 1318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*3: Agenda

-First- Come to order, conduct introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge;
voiced by- Kimberly

-Second- Our Topic

-Third- The Presidential Release

--OLD BUSINESS

-Contact current and past members to join in on our call!

-The reading of last month's meeting secretary's and Treasurer's reports.

-An update concerning preparation for the 2025 annual convention.

-More affiliate news.

-Whatever else members may bring

--NEW BUSINESS

-Members get reminded of next month's meeting topic . if needed, choose
future topics.

-whatever else we get from the membership

--Brags and Drags

*4: NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*5: Minutes from our last meeting

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, September 9, 2024

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, September 9, 2024.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:02 PM CDT. Members
present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos,
Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy
Oltman, Chris Boone, Gina Finnell, George Fischer, Melvin Forster, Brad
Loos, Doug Peterson, Sheryl Rogge, Kimberly Scherbarth, and Jerry Whitlow.
Guests present were: Kathy Brahmer and Eli and Emily Sidders.

Jerry recited our NFB Pledge. Kimberly will recite it next month.

Nancy led our focus topic: teaching our families how to deal with our
blindness.

Barbara announced that the 50th anniversary celebration of the Training
Center is October 15. There is a Google number to call for anyone who would
like to attend. (402) 413-1636.

Linda read the August 12, 2024, Secretary's Report. There were no additions
or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl Livingston read the September 9, 2024, Treasurer's Report. It will
become a part of the financial record of the organization.

Board Meeting Update: There will be a walk for independence in our locales
on Saturday, October 5. Nancy enjoyed seeing Blind Barbie. Members toured
the hotel where our 2025 state convention will be.

Linda mentioned she is willing to give up her place as Senior Division
representative on the Scholarship Committee if anyone is interested. Robert
said he will represent us if no one else wants to do so.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:36 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday September 9, 2024