[Massachusetts-NFB] Celebrate White Cane Awareness Month with the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind

Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) mcbinfo-mass.gov at shared1.ccsend.com
Mon Sep 30 20:31:11 UTC 2024

Help us spread the word with our White Cane Awareness Month Promotional Toolkit Join the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind to celebrate White Cane Awareness Month this October and White Cane Awareness Day on October 15. The white cane is recognized around the world as a means for identifying people who are blind or have low vision. We are reaching out to share resources we have built to educate the public on the white cane and the White Cane Law in Massachusetts. Our White Cane Awareness Month Promotional Toolkit contains: Social media graphics and flyers about the White Cane Law in Massachusetts (available in seven languages) 30-second White Cane Awareness Month public service announcement (PSA) video (available with and without a voiceover) White Cane Awareness Month Zoom backgrounds (available in seven languages) Sample text for roadside message boards YouTube video showing how to make white cane lapel pins Share these materials in emails, social media posts, or print them out and post them in your community! Tag us on social media!           Encourage your network to visit mass.gov/whitecane to: Learn about the history of the white cane Register to attend our White Cane Awareness Day Celebration at the Massachusetts State House on Friday, October 18, 2024 Submit a white cane testimonial Read the Massachusetts General Laws related to the white cane and dog guides View and read about the types of white canes Learn how to obtain a white cane and training                                         Join MCB in helping people who are blind or have low vision travel safely by celebrating and promoting White Cane Awareness Month and White Cane Awareness Day. We are grateful for the support of our state partners, including the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, which is promoting White Cane Awareness Month on approximately 200 billboards across Massachusetts. Also, the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles is displaying a White Cane Awareness Month public service announcement (PSA) on video monitors inside RMV Service Centers. Please do not hesitate to contact us at mcbinfo at mass.gov if you have any questions. Thank you for your support! Massachusetts Commission for the Blind Website Massachusetts Commission for the Blind | 600 Washington Street | Boston, MA 02111 US Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice