[MD-AtLarge] Announcements that can't wait

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 22 14:10:20 UTC 2015

Fellow Federationists,

This is the last call for spring raffle tickets!  You have five chances to
win $100 and 26 chances to win $50 by purchasing 1 , $5 ticket.  Raffle
tickets will not be available after April 30.   If  you want a spring raffle
ticket contact your chapter president or contact Melissa Riccobono off-list.
Her email address is melissa at riccobono.us <mailto:melissa at riccobono.us> ,
you may also call her at 410-235-3073.  You can't win if you don't play! Act
today!

Please help students from the University of Maryland improve mobile devices
for blind persons by enhancing privacy. Please read below and help both the
students and the blind community.

My name is Victoria Cepeda, graduate student in the Department of Computer
Science at the University of Maryland, College Park. I'm currently working
with a group of students to explore how we can improve privacy for mobile
devices for users with visual impairments. To this end, we are looking for
people with visual impairments who use their mobile devices on a daily
basis.

Participants will be asked to complete a survey, that will also be
accessible by screen-readers and will not take more than 30 minutes. At the
end, we will ask them if they would like to participate in a follow-up field
study. The field study will take up to one to three hours and participants
will be compensated $15 (per hour) for their time. Participation is
completely voluntary.

To participate, people must be 18 years of age or older and visually
impaired (low-vision, completely blind). We encourage people of all genders
and ethnicities to participate. People  interested in participating can go
to http://ter.ps/8wq.

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596