[MD-AtLarge] Promote accessibility and help a doctoral student

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 20:41:17 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Please read below and help this doctoral student by taking the survey.  If
you have questions, her email and phone number are in her announcement.  I
have no further information.  Here is the announcement:

Greetings! I am a researcher in the Inclusive Design Lab at the University
of Maryland. Our team is studying how to make the next generation of mobile
computing technology more accessible for people with disabilities.

To this end, we're looking for participants 18 years or older who own a
smartphone. We need participants who are blind or visually impaired as well
as participants with normal or corrected-to-normal vision.

You will be asked to complete an online survey relating to your daily
technology use. The survey does not contain questions of a personally
sensitive nature and should take at most 20 to 25 minutes to complete. At
the end, you may enter a draw for a $100 Amazon gift certificate.

To learn more or to participate, please visit the study's website:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/inclusivedesignumd
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/inclusivedesignumd>

If you have any questions, please contact us by email uranoh at cs.umd.edu
<mailto:uranoh at cs.umd.edu>  or phone 202-527-9212 <tel:202-527-9212> .
(Please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of email.)

Feel free to take a look at our group's website to learn more about our
research program: http://inclusivedesign.umd.edu
<http://inclusivedesign.umd.edu/> . We are also affiliated with the larger
Human-Computer Interaction Lab at UMD.

Sincerely,