[MD-AtLarge] Job Opening at BISM
nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 15 15:46:12 UTC 2016
Please spread the word. Read the job announcement below:
BLIND INDUSTRIES AND SERVICES OF MARYLAND
If interested please contact Andy McIver at amciver at bism.org
<mailto:amciver at bism.org> or call 410-737-2648.
Date Posted: 10/14/16
Requested start date: ASAP
Position Title: O&M Rehabilitation Instructor /
Department: Rehabilitation - Baltimore
Hiring Manager: Andy McIver
Number: 1 Position Available
Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday*
*Evening and weekends as needed
Essential Position Functions:
1. Provide training in areas of the CORE program: Emphasis will be on Cane
Travel and structured discovery philosophy.
2. Provides day-to-day training and education of others; works in a
creative environment which requires invention, imagination, originality and
talent; (CORE Program.)
3. Participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of objectives
4. Principal mentor and coach to others (including CORE students.)
5. Provide blindness philosophy training to CORE program students.
6. Externally promotes the organization and participates in public or
private functions as a representative of the company.
7. Prepare monthly reports and evaluations.
8. Work closely with Youth and Senior training programs as needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Provide training in the homes of potential students in all areas of
1. Requires education or learning beyond high school which was acquired by
a prolonged course of specialized instruction. NOMC Certification preferred.
2. Must be able to read and interpret industry-specific journals,
financial reports and legal documents.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. May be required to travel.
5. Must be proficient in alternative skills of blindness.
Candidates must complete the position bidding form, take it to their current
manager and have him/her complete the recommendation section, then give the
form to the hiring manager.
Sharon Maneki, President
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MD-AtLarge