[MD-AtLarge] help needed with voting issues.

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 17:44:16 UTC 2016

Hello All.

We need your help for 2 meetings.

Once again, the Maryland State Board of Elections is trying to discriminate
against disabled voters by not allowing judges to inform people about the
accessible voting option when they arrive at the poll place.  We need to let
the board know that this behavior is unacceptable and that the blind want
immediate changes.  This issue will be discussed on Thursday September 8, at
4 pm. We need people to attend this Board of Elections meeting.  President
Riccobono will be testifying and we need to fill the room so that the board
members recognize the importance of this issue to us.  Transportation will
leave from the Jernigan Institute at 3pm.  The Board Meeting takes place at
the State Board of Elections 151 West Street, Suite 200, Annapolis, MD
21401.  Please send me an email offline to let me know if you can attend.

Persons with disabilities are conducting a march from Baltimore to DC
beginning on September 21 to demonstrate the importance of voting.  We need
people to attend the kick-off event at 11 am.  We will meet in Baltimore at
the Inner Harbor at McKeldin Square (Light St. & Pratt St.).   Disability
and Civil rights activists, including President Riccobono, will be speaking
about the power of disability voting.  Please come out and show your
support.   Once again send me an email off list if you can attend.

We need your support for both events.  Let's prove that we are an important
segment of the voting population.

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596