[MD-AtLarge] meeting announcement and minutes

AL Maneki nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 15:35:12 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Please join us for the last chapter meeting of  the year on Tuesday December
19, 2017.  The national President's message begins at 7:30.  At 8 pm the
meeting will begin.  We have 2 special guests.  Ellen Ringlein will talk
about the Independence Market and Mike Tindell will talk about what is new
from HumanWare.   Don't miss these informative, interesting presentations!
Be sure to have your questions ready about the Victor stream and more!

The call in number is 641-715-3272.  The access code is 720125.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season. Please read the minutes below.

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.

NFB At Large Chapter meeting Minutes for November 21, 2017

First we played the November National Presidents Message at 7:30. President
Margerite Woods called the meeting to order at 8pm.  We welcomed three new
members to the call, there were approximately 15 people on the call.  We
reviewed some of the highlights of the state convention and urged everyone
to join us next year in Ocean City on November 9-11, 2018.

For the remainder of the meeting we discussed holiday Cooking tips and
favorite foods. A great gadget that is very helpful is the spiralizer.  This
is not specifically for blind people, but it is a great aid in peeling and
can thinly slice vegetables and other items. We also discussed the stress of
family gatherings.  Sometimes family members want to put you in a corner,
but you should resist that by moving around yourself when you want to.  We
also talked about getting food from a buffet and encouraged each other to
start slowly to build up confidence.

The meeting was adjourned at 9pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Sharon Maneki