[MD-AtLarge] Action Needed and Some Good News

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat May 6 18:11:39 UTC 2017

Fellow Federationists,

Each week during the month of May, we are going to concentrate on getting in
touch with out Washington Representatives, concerning one of our issues.
During the week of May 8th, which means starting on Monday, please call
Senator Van Hollen and ask him to co-sponsor S.B. 732, the Access Technology
Affordability Act of 2017. If you would prefer to send an email, send it to
sarah_schenning at vanhollen.senate.gov
<mailto:sarah_schenning at vanhollen.senate.gov> . Please also call your
Congressman and ask him to co-sponsor the Access Technology Affordability
Act, H.R. 1734, the House version of this bill. Ask them to get in touch
with the lead democratic sponsor, who is Congressman Lucille Roybal-Allard,
so that their name can be added to the co-sponsor list. The main switch
board number to use when calling your Congressman or Senator Van Hollen is
202-224-3121. Let's get all of the Maryland representatives on this
important legislation. They will only do it if they get lots of calls and
emails.

Join me in welcoming the newest Division of the National Federation of the
Blind of Maryland, National Association of Blind Merchants-Maryland, to our
Federation family. The new officers of this Division are: Melba Taylor,
President; Patti Hollman Eitington, First Vice President; Steve Brand,
Second Vice President; Tassi Thompson, Secretary; and Andre Sconion,
Treasurer. The three board members are: Don Morris, Mike Bullis, and Dr.
Michael Gosse. At its creation on May 6, twenty-two people joined the
Division. I am sure we will be hearing more from this Division in the coming
months. Congratulations and welcome!

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.