[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 16:32:16 UTC 2017

Hello All.

The next meeting of the At Large chapter of the NFBMD will be on Tuesday,
November 21.  The National President's message begins at 7:30 and the
meeting begins at 8.  Please join us even though it is close to Thanksgiving
so we can share some timely information.   We have several topics to
discuss:  handling holiday gatherings; Sharing your favorite foods; tips for
cooking using non-visual techniques; and more.
For your convenience the call in number is 641-715-3272 the access code is
720125.

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.  Please read the October minutes
below.

NFB At Large Chapter meeting Minutes for October 17, 2017

The presidential release was started at 7:30 PM
Meeting was started at 8 Pm
Approximately 10 members on the call

The movie Do you dream in color was viewed on September 30th as meet the
blind month activity and fund raiser for the chapter.

The movie is about 4 teenagers who were blind who were given opportunities
that allowed them to overcome hurdles that they were facing.
$252 was raised from this fund raiser

The group discussed and explained to others what audio description is.
Sharon gave details about what would be happening at the NFB MD State
Convention taking place on Friday, November 10th through Sunday, November
12, 2017

Future Topics for Upcoming Meetings
Transportation
Labeling of medication script talk
Discussion of NFB policy
How to get hold of your Delegates
Diabetes
Other organizations that work with the blind such as training, employment, &
technology

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596