[MD-AtLarge] Maryland Braille Challenge & Resources for Families

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Mon Dec 3 19:38:54 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

Conchita Hernandez has asked me to share information about the Braille
Regional Challenge on February 9, 2019 at the Maryland School for the Blind.
The registration form is attached.  Conchita will be leading the BELL
program for students who are new to braille.

Conchita has also asked me to share some resources that may be useful to
families this holiday season.

The Winter Holiday season is a bright and joyful time for many.  But for
some families winter brings cold weather and questions about how, or if,
they can afford their heating costs.  Did you know that the Maryland Fuel
Fund is available to help with this need?  Requirements and the application
can be found at  <https://fuelfundmaryland.org/>
https://fuelfundmaryland.org/

The holidays are also a time where many families gather for meals with
extended family and friends.  However, hunger and food insecurity effect
many families and the Maryland Food Bank has an excellent tool to help
locate your local partner food pantry.  If you, or someone you care about,
is in need of food just visit  <https://mdfoodbank.org/find-food/> Maryland
Foodbank to find the location of a pantry near you!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110