[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 19 14:54:27 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Happy President's Day!  The next meeting of the At-Large Chapter will be
tomorrow, Tuesday, February 20.  The National President's Message starts at
7:30 pm and the meeting will be from 8:00 - 9:00 pm.  We will have a special
guest, Peggy Chong, who will tell us about famous blind people in history.
I am sure that all of us will learn some new information.  Please spread the
word, we would like to have a good turnout for our special guest.  For your
convenience, the call-in number is 641-715-3272.  The access code is 720125.
Please read the January minutes below.  Look forward to talking to you
tomorrow.

NFB At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes January 16, 2018

Presidential Release started at 7:36 PM

The meeting was started at 8 PM by Margarete Woods, President

24 members were in attendance

Pay dues as soon as you can.  They are $5.

Use pay pal or send to Sharon Maneki by check or cash

9013 Nelson Way

Columbia MD, 21045

Dues paid gives you access to the local chapter, state affiliate, and
national.

The Maryland state affiliate is holding their spring raffle. Each ticket is
$5. Contact Melissa Ricobono to purchase or sell tickets.

State Legislation that the NFB of Maryland is working on:

1.  To restore the secret ballot to disabled voters

2.  Establish a remote access information service for deaf-blind individuals

3.  Strengthen enforcement of accessibility procurement requirements

4.  Protect the $250,000 appropriation in the Governor's budget for the
Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access (CENA) to Education, Public
Information, and Commerce.

Sharon read an article out of the November edition of the Braille Monitor
entitled Sharper Elbows Sharper Thoughts

Then the group discussed it.

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596