[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and Minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 13:16:39 UTC 2018

Hello all,

The next meeting of the NFB At Large Chapter will be on Tuesday, June 19th
at 8 pm. Please note there is no message from the national president in June
because he is getting ready for the national convention. We will be
discussing voting, NFB newsline, and some short reflections from members.
The call-in number is 641-715-3272. The access code is 720125. Look forward
to talking to you tomorrow. Please read the May minutes below:

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for May 15, 2018

Presidential Release was started at 7:30 Pm

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Margarete Woods, President

Approximately 13 members on the call

Elections took place

Margarete Woods was elected President

Sandra Burchette was elected Vice President

Danielle Earl was elected secretary

Sharon Maneki was elected treasurer

Terri Curby and Daniel Johnson were elected as board members

Sharon asked for all to pay dues if you have not done it yet.

Possible fund raiser with Baltimore clay works was discussed.  You would
learn how to do ceramics and make your own piece.  It would be held at the
NFB headquarters.

Sharon made the statement that everyone is important to the chapter no
matter whether you are an officer or board member.

Braille Monitor

Magazine that the NFB publishes 11 times a year

The article in the April Braille monitor about NFB philosophy was discussed.
Several members made statements about the article.

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.