[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon May 14 15:20:59 UTC 2018

Hello All!

The next meeting of the At-Large chapter of the NFBMD will take place on
Tuesday, May 15.  The National President's message begins at 7:30 and the
meeting will be at 8pm.  For your convenience the call in number is
641-715-3272. The access code is 720125.

At this meeting we will elect officers for the coming year, discuss a
possible fundraiser and have an in depth discussion of an article in the
April Braille Monitor titled NFB Philosophy: What it is and what it is not.

The minutes from last months meeting are below.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for April 2018

Presidential release was started at 7:40 Pm

Meeting was started at 8 Pm by Margarete Woods, President

Approximately 15 members on the call

Margarete talked about the article in the Braille monitor about the NFB
philosophy.  Members responded with the following statements:

Sometimes you need help and other times you don't need help, live the life
you want, and be what you want to be .

Tonight's Guest speaker is Ann Cummingham.

She teaches blind students how to create art at the Colorado center.  She
does sandstone pieces. She spoke about how to do art being blind.

She spoke about Art Scape, which is a big festival in downtown Baltimore
being held on August 4th.

She mentioned the Blind Crafters division of the NFB.

She spoke about the Art Club that she has created.  This club is trying to
establish a creative community.

The second guest speaker was Nicole Falls from Baltimore Clay Works. She
teaches ceramics.  Contact them at Baltimoreclayworks.org.

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.