[MD-AtLarge] gift ideas

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 19:20:58 UTC 2018

Hello All! We will send out the formal minutes closer to our next meeting in December.  I thought you might like to have the gift ideas from the November meeting, early. I also want to remind you that Ads are on NFB newsline for the following stores: Target, Walmart, ACE Hardware, Best Buy, Home Depot, Joanne Fabrics, Kohl's, Lowes, Office Depot and Staples.  Please the recommendations from Jerry Price below. He made them at our November meeting.

Raised Line Coloring Books
National Braille Press
$10 apice
www.nbp.org
617-266-6160

EZ Battery Tester
Audible $62 Audible plus vibration 478
www.aph.org
8002231839

7” DVD Bluetooth Boombox $129.95
www.speaktomecatalog.com
8002489965

Kids Echo (wait for Cyber Monday) $70
www.amazon.com
8882831678
Includes one year of freetime unlimited

The Emerald Air Fryer Model 1801 $45
www.amazon.com

Hydra SmartBottle $59.95
www.amazon.com
Yes, buttons talk but the FM radio is not that good.

Echo/Show/Dot
Depends on whether you have vision or not goes better with other packages such as Amazon Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, Tunein Live.

Amazon Fire Kindle Tablet with Alexa (wait til cyber Monday) $69 This is on an Android system so it takes a little getting use to.
Can use Alexa like you would Siri.
Apps such as Tunein will still work even if not installed on the tablet but on your Phone.
Works well with the Kindle apps.

Thermoworld Dog Thermometer $80
8002083009

Amazon Basics Microwave Oven with Alexa $60 Small microwave can handle a 10 inch plate

--
Jerry J Price

Accessible Technology Education Program Coordinator

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

Maryland State Library
415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

jerry.price1 at maryland.gov

www.lbph.maryland.gov

410-230-2446 (office)

Click here to complete a three question customer experience survey
http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956