[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 15 13:43:11 UTC 2018

Hello All,

The next meeting of the NFBMD at Large Chapter will be on Tuesday October
16.  The National President's Message begins at 7:30pm followed by the
meeting at 8:00pm.  We will have a special guest, Adelmo Vigil from New
Mexico.  Adelmo will be the National Representative at our convention. He
has lots of interesting stories to tell. Remember the call number is
641-715-3272.  Access Code is 720-125.  We look forward to seeing you there.
Below are the minutes from the September Chapter meeting.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for September 18 2018

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

Meeting was started at 8 PM by Margarete Woods, President

There were approximately 12 members on the call.

At large chapter member Steve Sopel is in the hospital.  Please keep him and
his family in your prayers.

Margarete spoke about Maryland Day, which was held on September 8th.  They
learned about the Mentoring program, wrote letters to Maryland congressman,
and had a discussion on 3 different speeches by 3 different NFB Presidents.

Ceramics workshop fundraiser was held on September 15th and Chapter member
Dorothy spoke about her experience during this fund raiser.

Movie fundraiser will be held on October 13th

You will get to view two TV shows. One episode is from NCIS which has a
blind actress on it and the other is from Long Street which is a series
about a blind detective.

The Maryland State Convention will be held on November 9th through the 11th
in Ocean City at the Carousel Resort Hotel.

Chapter Member Charles Biebl spoke about the Orioles honoring the NFB
because its headquarters has been in Baltimore for 40 years on September
18th.  The Orioles Jerseys had braille on them and Mark Riccobono threw out
the first pitch.

There was a discussion where Members shared how the NFB has helped them.

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.