[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 17 14:26:39 UTC 2018

Hello All.

The next meeting of the At-Large chapter will occur on Tuesday, September
18.  The National President's Message will be played at 7:30 the meeting
begins at 8pm.   Remember the call in number is 641-715-3272.  The access
code is 720125. We will be talking about the October 13 fundraiser: an
Afternoon of Crime Stories. See how blindness is portrayed on Television in
two different dramas.  We will also provide more details on the State
Convention. Please read the minutes below. Talk to you on September 18.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for August 20 2018

Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Margarete Woods, President

Approximately 15 members were on the call

Several members talked about the National NFB Convention.

You will be able to read about National Convention in the August-September
Braille Monitor.

Maryland Day being held at the NFB headquarters on September 8th from 9:30
AM to 4:30 PM, no cost but attendees must call Marguerite to sign up
443-271-1668

Fundraisers being held for the chapter:

Ceramics workshop fundraiser: September 15th from 9:45 AM to 12 noon, $10 to
participate

Call Marguerite to sign up.
Movie and discussion fundraiser: October 13th from 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM, $10
to participate
Call Marguerite to sign up

Both of these fundraisers will be held at the NFB Headquarters

Daniel Johnson suggested creating a directory for the at large chapter. It
will be shared by email and on a thumb Drive for members who don't have
email.

The State Convention will occur on November 9-11 at the Carousel Hotel in
Ocean City. We hope that many members of the At-Large chapter will attend.

Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.