[MD-AtLarge] News Alert! Please Read!

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 15 14:41:08 UTC 2019

Hello all,

This is very important.  We have a new conference call number.  This number
will be used for tomorrow's meeting and for all future meetings.  The number
is 605-313-4818.  The access code remains the same, 720125.  The National
President's Message will begin at 7:30 pm, followed by the meeting from 8 pm
to 9 pm.

Our speaker at the April 16 meeting, tomorrow night, will be Melba Taylor.
Melba operates her own business and will have many interesting stories to
share.  Please read the minutes below from the March meeting.  Looking
forward to talking to you tomorrow night.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for March 19, 2019.

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Margarete Woods, President.

Approximately 15 members on the call.

Members recited the NFB Pledge.

Sharon discussed the secret ballot for voting in Maryland.

Steve joined us on the call for the first time since his accident.  He gave
a heartfelt thank you.

Our Guest speaker tonight is Judy Rasmussen.

Born blind and grew up on a small farm. She went to the school for the blind
until 8th grade and then went to public school. She did not use a cane
except for going across the street. She majored in education for the blind
in college. She met her husband Lloyd and has been married for 30 years.

She shared her experience when she went to Russia to teach children English.
She then opened it up to the members to share their unusual or out of the
box experiences.

Sandra spoke about two apps called Seeing AI and Be my eyes.

Submitted by Danielle Earl.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.