[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 20:17:33 UTC 2019

Hello all,

The next meeting of the At-Large Chapter will be tomorrow, June 18.  As
usual, the National President's message begins at 7:30 pm.  The meeting will
be held from 8 to 9 pm.  Since summer is the time for vacations and travel,
we want to share travel tips with each other.  We well also discuss Real-ID
in Maryland, because everyone needs to take action to make sure your state
identification card is in compliance with new regulations.  For your
convenience the call in number is 605-313-4818.  The access code is 720125.
Please read below for the May minutes.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for May 21, 2019.

The Presidential release was played at 7:45 PM.

The Meeting was started at 8:05 PM by Margarete Woods, President.

Approximately 15 members on the call.

Charles led us in the NFB Pledge.

The Treasure's Report was given by Sharon Maneki.

Starting Balance from January $625.51.

Ending Balance as of May $551.16.

A motion was made, and it was second to accept the treasures report.  The
motion was passed.

Sharon suggested that we give $200 to the NFB MD affiliate.  A motion was
made, second, and accepted.

Please send your dues to Sharon. Her address is below:

Sharon Maneki,
9013 Nelson Way,
Columbia, MD 21045

Elections took place this evening and here is the At Large Chapter Board:

Margarete Woods, President.

Sondra Burchette, Vice President.

Danielle Earl, Secretary.

Sharon Maneki, Treasurer.

Daniel Johnson, Board Member 1.

Judy Nelson, Board Member 2.

Margarete informed the group that she will have the opportunity to showcase
her art talents at the Ways of Seeing exhibit which will be on view June 7 -
July 20, 2019 at Gallery CA, a contemporary arts space devoted to showcasing
local, regional, national and international artists work.

The members discussed the speech called Blindness: Handicap or
Characteristic?

Highlights of a speech by Kenneth Jernigan, past president and Executive
Director of the National Federation of the Blind.

Submitted by Danielle Earl.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.