[MD-AtLarge] NEW: Urgent Action on Voting Needed Immediately

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 18 15:18:40 UTC 2019

Hello all,

This is the first of two messages. We need to get our voting bills out of
committee. Please call or email the following senators today March 18 or
tomorrow March 19. Ask them to vote in favor of the amended SB 363, a bill
that will restore the secret ballot to disabled voters because it will
require everyone to use an electronic ballot marking device. The amendment
gives the State Board of Elections more time to solve the problem by
changing the implementation dates from the elections of 2022 to the
elections of 2024.

Everyone should email or call Senator Paul Pinsky, Chairman of The
Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee. The phone number is
either 410-841 plus extension or 301-858 plus extension. The extension for
Senator Pinsky is 3155. The email address for all senators is
firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us> .

If you live in Anne Arundel County, contact Senator Bryan Simonaire,
extension 3658.

If you live in Baltimore City, contact Senator Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, note
her email is Shirley.nathan.pulliam at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:Shirley.nathan.pulliam at senate.state.md.us> , extension 3612.

If you live in Baltimore County, contact Senators Shirley Nathan-Pulliam,
note her email is Shirley.nathan.pulliam at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:Shirley.nathan.pulliam at senate.state.md.us> , extension 3612.;
Clarence Lam, thank him for sponsoring the bill, extension 3653

If you live in Charles County, contact Senator Arthur Ellis, extension 3616.

If you live in Fredrick County, contact Senator Ronald Young, extension
3575.

If you live in Howard County, contact Senator Clarence Lam, thank him for
sponsoring the bill, extension 3653.

If you live in Montgomery County, contact Senator Cheryl Kagan, extension
3134.

If you live in PG County, contact Senator Obie Patterson, extension 3092.

If you live in Saint Mary's County, contact Senator Jack Bailey, 3673.

If you live in Somerset, Worcester, or Wicomico, contact Senator Mary Beth
Carozza, note her email is MaryBeth.Carozza at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:MaryBeth.Carozza at senate.state.md.us> , extension 3645.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.