[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 14:47:58 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Happy New Year!  The first meeting of the year for the At-Large Chapter will
be on Tuesday, January 21.  The National President's message begins at 7:30,
followed by the meeting from 8 - 9 pm.  We will discuss topics that people
want to know about for the coming year, upcoming events and more.  Remember,
the call in number is 605-313-4818.  The access code is 720125.  We had an
informative meeting in December.  Read the minutes below.

At large Chapter Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2019.

The presidential release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Approximately 15 members on the call.

The NFB pledge was recited by the members .

Tonight's guest speaker was Lloyd Rasmussen who is an electrical engineer at
the National Library Service for the Blind. He discussed how to use BARD.
He was involved with developing the digital player, the format used on the
cartridges, and the Apps on the phones and PC.

The members discussed favorite holiday books:

The Gift of the Magi -
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB08921> Best
short stories of O. Henry DB08921,

The Christmas Train by David Baldacci DB55045,

The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans DB43556,

The Maryland collection.

Each year 3000 audio books are recorded or bought and 450 Braille books are
embossed.

The library is able to get commercial books from Audible and Amazon.

Ronza spoke about the cruise that the Maryland affiliated is doing for a
fund raiser.

Sharon asked for everyone who has not paid dues to send it to her.  Her
address is listed below:

Sharon Maneki

9013 Nelson Way

Columbia MD 21045.

Dues are $5.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.