[MD-AtLarge] Adding a complicated number to your contact list so you can do Zoom

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 19 19:51:09 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Read Jerry Price's suggestions below and make your life easier. This is a
great way to join Zoom or other conference calls. If you have any questions,
call Jerry at the library.

ADDING COMPLICATED PHONE NUMBERS TO YOUR CONTACTS

In this day of virtual get together on various platforms such as Zoom and
Google Meets, you need an easy way to call these numbers without having to
resort to memorization techniques or asking for assistance via three-way
calling.  You can do this by adding these complicated numbers to your
contacts.  Here's how:

Let say the phone number to call is (123) 456-7890 with a pin of 0987654321#

Go to your contacts.

Press the add button.

Enter in the first name and the last name is you like; I might say first
name library last name Meeting.

Now add phone, you would type in 1234567890.

Then press the sift key and add comma, then press the shift key again and
add another comma.

(This tells the phone to wait about 2 seconds)

Next, type in 0987654321 then hit the shift key again and find your pound
sign.

Tap the finished button.

Now I can tell Siri to call Library Meeting and connect instantly to the
virtual conference.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.