[MD-AtLarge] Last batch of letters needed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 4 21:45:31 UTC 2020

Hello all,

We are reaching the home stretch.  If anyone can come to the Senate scooter
hearing on Wednesday, March 11 please call 410-715-9596.  We need to get a
big crowd for this, because last year we lost the bill because this
committee took too long to send it to the floor.  If they see a big crowd,
they may act more quickly this time.

We need letters quickly for the Senate scooter bill because the hearing is
on March 11.  SB 757 will require scooter ride-sharing companies to provide
nonvisual access to scooter information.  Companies must provide tactile
contact information on each scooter.  They must also keep their websites and
phone apps accessible so that we can report problems and communicate with
the companies.

You may send letters by email or by regular postage.  The email address is:

first name.last name at senate.state.md.us <mailto:name at senate.state.md.us> .
The postal address is:  11 Bladen Street, Annapolis, Maryland  21401.   I
will provide the room number and building name next to the person's name.
Everyone should write to the chairman of the committee, Senator Delores
Kelley, Chairman of the Finance Committee, Miller Senate Office Building,
Room 3E.  Below is the list of senators.

If you live in Anne Arundel County, write to

Pamela Beidle, 202 James

Edward Reilly, 316 James

If you live in Baltimore City, write to

Antonio Hayes, 222 James

If you live in Baltimore County, write to

JB.Jennings, 423 James

Katherine Klausmeier, 123 James

If you live in Montgomery County, write to

Brian Feldman, 104 James

Ben Kramer, 401 Miller

If you live in P.G. County, write to

Malcolm Augustine, Miller 3E

Joanne Benson, 214 James (thank her for sponsoring the bill)

Thank you.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.